Wisdom teeth might cause different oral health problems.
The most common would be:
– Wisdom teeth can push your other teeth around, causing mouth pain and premature decay on joined teeth.
– Extra set of molars can be cause of jaw damage. Cysts can form around the new teeth. If they aren’t treated, they can hollow out your jaw and damage nerves.
– Problems with wisdom teeth can lead to sinus pain, pressure, and congestion.
– Impacted wisdom teeth can cause problems with crowding of other teeth and even make treatment to straighten other teeth necessary.
– Swollen gums can create pockets between teeth that help bacteria grow and cavities form.